Customer Reviews and Client Testimonials
for Carissa & Douglas Properties
Based in Ridgefield, CT
- Carissa is the best broker out there. She is consistently patient, kind, understanding, and highly competent. She simply goes above and beyond at every possible point. When she listed our house, she worked endlessly to help us stage it - - from big things like new large pieces of furniture, and landscaping, to small things, like decorations and towels. She took care of everything with a smile! That house sold in two weeks for our ask price! She then spent months and months showing us houses, so patiently, and never made us feel rushed in any way. We made offers, which she professionally advised us on, and finally, we found our dream home. She was there every step of the way - through inspection and follow ups. Once we closed, her help continued with contractor, driveway, and all types of referrals - she knows everyone! She has been a great friend to our entire family and we highly recommend her. She is simply the kindest, most caring, most professional and most competent broker there is, and she will work hard for you and you will find a great home with her help.
- Total dream partner in finding the perfect home. Carissa is an amazing pro at the real estate biz. She is the insider's insider and knows the market like no other, but even better, she is totally keyed into her client's wish list. You add the two together and you get the best in search, representation, support through the annoying to occasionally painful home buying process. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Carissa in finding a home in CT when we moved from Los Angeles. Frankly she made the whole process easy and pleasant. I don't relish the thought of every moving again but if it happens, my first phone call will be to Carissa.
- The Kim Family, Multiple Buy Sell Transactions
- Carissa helped to sell and buy our new homes for over 5 years. She is extremely professional and skilled negotiator, honest and reliable, someone who is supportive and trusted during quite hectic and stressful buying / selling experience. We work with Carissa even when we are looking for a home further away from our residence, because of her valuable advice starting from the research through the closing.
- Jurga and Marius, Multiple Buy Sell Transactions
- We are both so blessed to have had Carissa help us in finding a new home. Carissa's professionalism and thoughtful manner made all this process much easier. A million thanks!
- Home Buyer
- After months with another agency, I moved my rental listing to Carissa at Coldwell Banker. In the dead of winter, in the middle of a blizzard, she took pictures and uploaded the new listing to MLS over the weekend. A few days later, we received a full price offer from a qualified renter. Carissa wasted no time in getting my unit listed and advertised. Carissa saved me thousands of dollars. I cannot thank her enough.
- J. Lasko, Seller
- Carissa was very knowledgeable and accommodating. She always worked around our schedule and tried to arrange appointments at our convenience. She worked diligently with us over a year and had shown numerous houses. She was very helpful from beginning to end of buying process and even after closing. We would highly recommend Carissa to anyone who looking for an excellent agent.
- Montagan Long, Buyer
- It is with pleasure and gratitude that we share comments on our experience with Carissa McMahon in searching for a new home. While we have bought and sold a few houses, we have never before encountered such a level of excellence with our real estate agent than we have with Carissa. The experience throughout has been superior; she’s smart, professional, thorough, punctual and kind. She’s well connected and her thoughts and advice are excellent. Carissa understands the market and has taken the time to understand the unique needs of our family. We highly recommend Carissa McMahon for your real estate needs!
- Jared and Mari Miles, Buyer
- Karen and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you, Carissa, for your representation as our listing agent on the sale of our home at 111 High Ridge Ave. As you know this was the second time we worked together. You listed a property in which I was an investor, and your quality representation on that transaction was a factor when we listed our personal residence for sale. There were several areas in which your representation exceeded our expectation. First, you listened. When we told you that we were in no rush to sell, and we communicated our priorities around securing a transaction, you did not just pay lip service to what was important to us. You gave us your opinion, but when a decision was made, you got behind it and remained positive throughout. You always were truthful with us, and measured your advice in the proper context of our objectives. You were dealing with a difficult market at our price point, but you always had a can-do attitude, and you continued to invest in our listing. When a serious buyer was located, you obviously were all-in on driving the deal to closing. But we were impressed that when we were at an impasse on price, you professionally represented our interests and objectives, even when the losing the deal was a real possibility. Then when we found our ultimate buyer, you were fully engaged in every step of the transaction to make sure that there were no controllable impediments to closing. You earned every penny of your commission on our listing, and you never lost faith in us or our beautiful home. You really understood the emotional aspect of selling the dream home in which our large family thrived and had 20 happy years. Carissa, we wish you nothing but the best and would recommend you to both buyers and sellers without hesitation. Come visit us at the lake in Virginia! All the best, Karen and Steve
- Steve and Karen Bollerman, Multiple Buy Sell Transactions
- We just wanted to express our gratitude for your enormous help in getting our beautiful new home. We are so happy! We couldn't have done it without you! You are really our angel!
- Daniela, Juan & Rocio, Multiple Buy Sell Transactions
Carissa sold my house for top dollar, enabling me to be well positioned to purchase my next home. Initially, I was not looking for a fixer-upper, but stumbled across an opportunity that with a lot of work, had the potential to become my dream home. At first, I was leery due to the unknown costs that would be involved in renovating. Carissa was always accommodating, spending countless hours making trips to the house where I would meet various contractors to get estimates for the work that was needed. Once I had a clear picture of what I was up against, she coached me through the offer process and I ended up getting a steal of deal. In past real estate transactions not involving Carissa, I had some bad experiences with inspectors. But Carissa is connected with top notch people to handle the various aspects of the inspections. She scheduled and coordinated all aspects and made everything effortless for me. I had never felt more confident going into a closing. Words can’t describe how thrilled I am to now be living in my dream home, especially for what I paid for it! Thank you Carissa, a thousand times over!
- Tony Scaringella, Multiple Buy Sell Transactions