Selling Your House in Fairfield County, CT
Seeking a competent real estate professional to help navigate the complexities of putting a house on the market is of vital importance. If you are currently considering selling your home, you have definitely come to the right place. Carissa & Douglas Properties delivers key advantages to save you more TIME, make you more MONEY, and maximize your MARKETING exposure.
We offer the experience, dedication, connections, and communication skills necessary to strategically promote and negotiate the timely and profitable sale of your property. Please contact us today so that we can arrange a time to share with you the full details of our marketing differentiators.
- Local Advantage - By listing your house with Carissa and Douglas Properties, you will be taking full advantage of our broad base of Connecticut contacts and connections. Carissa grew up in Stamford and Douglas grew up in Wilton. Each of us have lived in Fairfield County for the majority of our lives. We both graduated high school locally and have family members living throughout Fairfield County. Each of us has owned and operated successful businesses in Fairfield County outside of the realm of real estate. Carissa owned a corporate catering company in downtown Stamford and Douglas owned the largest personalized fitness center in the area, based in Wilton. With several decades of combined experience in business and marketing, including 20 years of combined real estate experience (residential and commercial), we are confident in our ability to generate a successful sale for our most important client, namely YOU.
- Internet Advertising – Capturing the interest of property seekers in a crowded marketplace is obviously essential. Considering that the lion’s share of home buyers begin their search online, we aggressively and proactively pursue this active market. Achieving top placement in search engines is crucial. Promoting relevant videos is vital. Creating copy which capture attention is critical. Sharing the features of your house with the masses is the key to a quick sale: keywords, articles, metadata, social media, and unique audiovisuals will establish awareness of your property and generate buzz about your listing. We will maximize your online exposure and bring large numbers of potential buyers to view your property online, and in person, with the constant goal of finding that perfect buyer for your home.
- Targeted Campaigns - "Working the network" is an ongoing process. Together, we will identify the right people to target with the sale of your home and then reach out to them via email, newsletters, videos, print ads, direct mail, and old-school door-to-door canvassing, when appropriate. There are dozens of ways to drive excitement about your new, or newly refreshed, listing. Technology is our friend and, with an innovative mindset, a multitude of tools will be utilized on a daily basis to support the rapid sale of your house. We promise to begin working on selling your home prior to it even being officially listed on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) so that it is welcomed by the market with eager anticipation. Moreover, we won't stop the marketing process until you are celebrating with us on the day of your closing.
- Open Houses – Not all buyers are created equal. And, since properties are as varied as their potential new owners, each listing requires a different approach. While we definitely recognize the power of welcoming visitors into your home via an open house venue, we will only do so with the utmost respect for you, your property, and the process. Open houses, whether hosted for select brokers, all agents, private clients, or the general public, will always be designed with intention. Within real estate, like attracts like, and we value doing our best to bring the correct prospect to the select property. Based on the distinctive style and ambiance that your home depicts, our hosted open houses will be designed to appeal to all senses of our particular buyers, whether visual, auditory, or tactile. Purchases are often emotional, and we will continually strive to trigger positive engagements with each and every viewer of you home. We specialize in finding the buyers who will fall in love with your home as much as you first did. And we love doing so.
- Synergistic Selling - You will soon come to realize that we, Carissa & Douglas, each bring pertinent professional experience, as well as significant personal experiences, to the closing table. As we have learned to work together over the years, we have often been referred to as "The Dynamic Duo!" We know each other's strengths, and weaknesses. We know how to use them, or not use them. We know how we can each contribute most effectively towards the success of each real estate transaction. In other words, as much as we are on the same page, our differences complement each other synergistically. As we progress through the selling process with you, we promise to use any any and all resources at our disposal... together.
The Home Selling Process in Connecticut
As a home seller, you deserve a full-service campaign with representation designed to bring a world of buyers to your home. We understand that you want to get your home sold for top dollar. Our in-depth understanding of the Fairfield County real estate market enables us to position your home so that it captures the attention of the marketplace, and fellow brokers, ensuring you the highest level of success.
Request Your Competitive Market Analysis
"What is My Home Worth?" is a popular question. We are thankfully very familiar with our surroundings, having worked in every Fairfield County community for decades. We are aware of shifts and changes in the market as they are happening, and consider all factors when preparing a comprehensive market analysis for your home. As we do an initial on-site walk-through of your home, we will be able to evaluate its features and overall condition. Our professional experience allows us to consider your home through the potential buyers' eyes, and highlight which features will be most appealing to the marketplace. We will also suggest any small or large repairs that will help add the most perceived value to your home. Again, we want you to be assured that you will receive the highest sales price. We will also prepare a detailed analysis of the current market data so that we can discuss a winning strategy as we work together on pricing of your home.
Preparing your Home for sale
Preparation is paramount to a quick sale. We want to do our best to keep your family moving forward and helping you get settled in your next destination in a timely manner. As early as possible, we suggest to begin packing up and storing any extra items which you do not need on a day-to-day basis. This will eliminate any unnecessary visual distractions and keep the potential buyers focusing on how they would live in the space, making your home, in their eyes, their own. A properly staged home is such an important variable which is often overlooked. Carissa's keen eye for design allows her to confidently make recommendations regarding trending neutral color palettes for walls and stylizing spaces for a mini makeover. If the circumstances warrant, it is sometimes necessary to employ a full-service staging company for larger-scale projects as your home transforms into a show stopper. In any case, we desire to "wow" the buyers. Ultimately, we want to use every tool available to us to enhance each buyer's experience and help them to visualize living in your home. We focus on getting them so excited about your home that they are compelled to buy it... allowing you to move onto the next chapter in your own journey home.
Offer Negotiations, Inspections, Contract, Closing
While each real estate transaction is slightly different, we will work to ensure that every detail is handled in the most efficient manner possible. Granted, we promise to deliver the trust and integrity that you deserve. We will be your advocate, negotiating the best terms possible for an acceptable purchase agreement. It is most common for the buyer to request an inspection contingency, as well as a mortgage contingency. It is recommended that you allocate some funds to address any reasonable repair requests that the inspections may uncover. All inspection repair requests are subject to mutual agreement between all parties. Once inspections are satisfied, the bank appraisal is completed and the appraisal report is sent to the lender's underwriting department for review and approval. Next, a final loan commitment is issued to the borrower. Your attorney will prepare final closing documents, advise you of any additional necessary items, and then schedule a closing date. The buyer will do a final walk-thru of the property the day before closing. What's left? Closing, counting your blessings, and celebrating!!